Thursday, November 03, 2011

Clocks

Saturday night before I go to bed, there will be a spell of time changing as I reset the clocks to an earlier hour. We'll be falling back an hour. It is autumn (fall) so it seems appropriate to fall back. Makes me think of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Do I get a 'do over' for that hour? Yes, I must be rambling.

Dictionary of clocks and watches by Eric Bruton [TS540.7 .B7 Reference] is at the Marietta campus in the Reference section. I've asked a librarian there to take a look at it and give me a 'report'. The description in the catalog says it is illustrated. The title says it is a dictionary but what in the world can you say about clocks and watches?
-- clock and watch terminology with definitions, some pictures
-- example : Balance Staff - The shaft or axle of the balance

Now we know why it's in the Reference section!


-kss

No comments: