Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hunting

Looking for information about the Hunters Moon, I ran across a blog that referred to the Harvest Moon poem by Mary Oliver. Mark Zeiger shared that his Dad sang "Shine on Harvest Moon" in a Barber Shop quartet.

Could I find the lyrics in one of the GALILEO databases?

I used the search box in the Databases A-Z tab.
...I looked for lyrics- nothing.
...I looked for music - and 5 resources were retrieved.
The two Ebsco databases looked most promising.

I opened Academic Search Complete. It took me awhile to remember to use Advanced Search to be able to limit my search to a type of article. I figured 'poem' might pull up the lyrics. I was wrong. A search for the phrase "Shine On Harvest Moon" pulled up 9 articles that referred to the song. None had the complete lyrics.

It still was informative to read a few of the articles. I picked the obituary, the article about a seniors music group, and a description of a seniors camping trip.

The seniors music group started with the first four lines of the refrain.

I did find a portion of the lyrics - just not the complete song laid out in a way I could count as 'lyrics'. Exploring on the official Columbus Day, I found something, just not what I was aiming for!


-kss

To use GALILEO off campus you need the current password. You may get the current password from your Georgia librarian.

No comments: