Monday, February 25, 2008

Search tool

At first glance, I wasn't sure what the benefit of E-Books Index by First Search would be-

provides records for more than 450,000 eBooks that have been cataloged by OCLC member libraries, including titles available from NetLibrary and other providers.

Key features:

.....Links to full-text content: Users can access Web links to full-text electronic book collections licensed by their libraries from NetLibrary and other providers and free resources that are available in the public domain from education, government and commercial Web sites.
.....Links to library holdings in WorldCat. Within E-Books, you can view a list of libraries (or library groups) in your region or state that own specific titles.
.....Searches can be limited to NetLibrary titles.


yes, it's a catalog of electronic books but I can search through the NMTC OPAC to find the electronic books we have access to....

Then I did a search and noticed- the URL's gave me clues- for example- Heritage Quest. I don't have access to Heritage Quest from my school GALILEO but I do have access through the public library GALILEO.

What a treat - I can look in one place and figure out where to go next for an online book.

Get the password to use GALILEO at home from your Georgia librarian.

No comments: