Monday, August 27, 2007

Something new for VCM

New materials are beginning to arrive. We do have a New Materials link in our catalog.

This 2007 title struck me as pertinent - Communicating Design : Developing Web Site Documentation for Design and Planning by Dan M. Brown.

I just attended a day long workshop on assessing and evaluating web sites. This book notes the first step in creating a good web site is to communicate exactly what one can deliver to the client!

Knowing in your head what you can do and then describing that to the client can sometimes create a huge problem. English being what it is- my use of a word and your understanding of the word may not be the same.

Dan M. Brown divides the book into three sections : User Needs Documents, Strategy Documents, and Design Documents. My skimming of the book sent "ah ha's" running through my brain as I turned the pages.

Come see what else we have that might help you design and deliver a great web site!

No comments: