Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beta

Beta tests can be lots of fun. You get to try it before anyone else. You have the thrill of discovery (and sometimes the agony of defeat).

I stumbled upon the ARRC (Auto Repair Reference Center) Beta for Ebsco. Oh my goodness, you will be delighted. I've talked about ARRC several times. It's kind of clunky but full of information. The ARRC Beta - well, apples and oranges couldn't be more alike.

I found it when I was kicked out of Ebsco books. I clicked on the Ebsco link, there is a list of Ebsco products, I scrolled down looking for Books and saw the ARRC Beta.

The difference is not in the information offered but in the 'look'.

With the 'old' ARRC, one made a selection for year, went to another page, selected the make, went to another page, selected the model,went to another page for the detailed vehicle. A final page contained links to the information.

The 'beta' ARRC has almost every search option on one page with drop down boxes for selection. The visual is much more appealing! There are links to the Auto IQ, the Care, and the Troubleshooting tips.

How do you get to the Beta ARRC?
Log into GALILEO you may get the current password from your Georgia librarian
....select Databases A-Z
.....select E
......Select EBSCO Databases
.......Scroll down to the bottom of the list for ARRC Beta

It's a great day to play!

-kss

No comments: