Tuesday, January 27, 2009

And the winners are

For librarians and bibliophiles - the mid-winter meeting of ALA holds a particular pleasure - the announcement of the Newbery and Caldecott winners- along with others of note.

I no longer keep up with the Newbery but I do avidly await the Caldecott announcement to build up the Early Childhood collection. Yes, I've ordered the winner.

This year someone (sorry I can't remember who) noted the 2009 Newbery winner was available online as Neil Gaiman read aloud the The Graveyard Book over a 9 day book tour trip in October 2008. Delightfully the author has an easy voice to listen to and great expression as well.

I admit it starts off a bit gruesome for my taste but as I continued to listen I was drawn into the story. Mr. Gaiman has a very expressive voice (and an expressive face).

In GALILEO , Novelist K-8 has a book talk and several reviews to help one push this book!

Yes, get the password from your Georgia librarian to access Novelist through GALILEO.

-kls

No comments: