Wednesday, September 12, 2007

How do you remember?

Yesterday was a day of remembering and honoring those who died when we were attacked.
What did you do to remember 9/11?

I used the new search function in GALILEO Beta to pull up articles about 9/11. How nice to easily limit my search and to add Newspaper Source, Google, and Google Scholar.

What popped out is the way Google and Google Scholar display results - so random. The contrast with Academic Search Premier and Research Library might convince students that the subscription databases actually make it easier to find timely articles.

I noticed the Print Results, Save Results, and best of all E-mail Results at the top of the search results. I don't remember that from the "old" GALILEO. It could be I'm looking more closely because it's Beta. I like that I can e-mail the results to myself or my study group.

Go test out the Beta GALILEO scholar. It's a work in progress. The items available now are pretty impressive. When it rolls out as complete I think you'll be blown away!

The password for home use of GALILEO is available from your Georgia librarian.

No comments: