Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A dillar, a dollar, a ten o'clock scholar

That childrens rhyme ran through my head as I scrolled through the GALILEO Scholar Beta site and ran across the Google Scholar link. It's on the complete list for an individual search as well as the list of databases one can select to search.

I have heard that Google Scholar will pull up materials from proprietary databases (like those done by Ebsco and ProQuest) but you can't access the articles because you don't have access to the subscription. I wonder if because I'm going through GALILEO, I'll be able to get to the article...I doubt it because I'm not "in" GALILEO (no GALILEO banner)

Testing, testing....

I used the phrase "time warp trio" in Academic Search Complete by Ebsco and in Google Scholar. They pulled up very different items. Hmm..
Back arrowing out of Google Scholar returns me to GALILEO .

Handy to have.

No comments: