Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The coughing begins

The doors to the library open, accompanied by a cough. A cough without a hand over the mouth. A cough spreading those little germs everywhere. The pictures of people wearing masks always troubled me but today, I wish I had one.

We do have two library guides that support our specific programs dealing with health issues : Nursing and ECCE 1105 Health, Safety and Nutrition.

Side note - I received an email from a teacher who had used our ECCE 1105 Health, Safety and Nutrition guide with her high school health class. It's always nice to hear when a resource we put together for our particular programs helps someone else.

Back to our regularly scheduled program - Library guides. The two guides that were created forNursing and Early Childhood Care and Education both have books, articles and web sites that provide accurate and up to date information on health issues dealt with by those programs.

I'm pretty sure that Early Childhood Care and Education deals with preventing colds and flu from running through a pre-school center! I should go check those links out. Maybe there's something I could do here in the library to ward off the seasonal ills.


-kss

No comments: