Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Afghanistan

Did you do a Google search on Afghanistan after the Presidents speech? Google pulled up Wikipedia (the 122 references in the Wikipedia article had more than a few Find It buttons connecting to GALILEO ) and the CIA Factbook.

Thinking about those reference links in Wikipedia, I did a search on Afghanistan in GALILEO, I selected:
Browse by subject
..History
....History
......Typed in Afghanistan
........ I unclicked the Digital Library of Georgia. I selected more resources and clicked on Encyclopedia Britannica.

Thousands of articles were pulled going back years. The Google search did give me resources for basic facts. GALILEO provided depth for my quest for information about the topic.

Sometimes "just the facts" is enough. Sometimes depth is necessary.


-kls

You may get the password to use GALILEO at home from your Georgia librarian.

No comments: