Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wolf Hall


One of the English instructors encourages students to read award winners. The 2009 Man Booker award winner, Wolf Hall : a novel, has arrived at the North Metro campus library.

I'm not familiar with either the book or the author. I wanted to know a bit about the book before I lept in to read it. I admit - it's almost two inches thick and I'm thinking- oh my, do I have time or energy to read this book?

To find reviews for this title, go to GALILEO
..Select Databases A-Z
.....Select P
........Scroll to ProQuest Newspapers

Here's where selecting a specific database can be more helpful then a general search.

Click on the Advanced Search tab.
...Type in Wolf Hall
.....Click on more search options
........Select Document Type - the drop down box offers me many options
........Select Book review
Search and 5 reviews came up!

If you want to know what others think about a book, movie, television show, poem, etc before you spend your time or money .... use the Advanced Search features in ProQuest and Ebsco to limit your search to a specific document type!

You can get the current password to use GALILEO from your Georgia librarian.

-kls

No comments: