Monday, November 16, 2009

Busy bees


A Short History of the Honey Bee [SF 523.7 .I45 2009] by E. Readicker-Henderson. History can be a recitation of facts in chronological order. This history reads like a story weaving between the authors childhood, Greek myths, Egyptian pharaohs, Medieval authors and 19th century scientists until the author comes to the current science of beekeeping. Photographs by Ilona are sprinkled liberally amidst the 160 page book.

I searched GALILEO for suburban beekeeping - peer reviewed, full text- but retrieved no hits. I tried again and used only the term beekeeping and full text. This turned up 125 articles in Academic Search Complete and 198 articles in Research Library.

I think I might like a bee hive in my back yard!

Get the current password to use GALILEO from your Georgia librarian.



-kls

No comments: