Friday, August 08, 2008

All the luck

On NPR I heard that 8-8-8 is thought to be a lucky day by the Chinese (and others - see the Associated Press on MSNBC about marriages). My RSS feed this morning from The Ancestry Insider wrote about the lucky day and noted Ancestry.com has a Chinese site. I did a quick visual compare and contrast with the Ancestry Library Edition available through GALILEO (remember you can only get to Ancestry Library edition at your Georgia library). I see the search boxes! I like the Chinese header with the blowing leaves.

I just noticed at the bottom of the Ancestry.com screen that it is distributed by ProQuest.

ProQuest has an option to change the interface language on its regular databases. I wonder why Ancestry doesn't offer that option?

You can do a compare and contrast at your Georgia Public Library (or Tech College Library). Ancestry Library Edition is only available on site.


-kls

No comments: