Thursday, August 23, 2007

Compare and contrast

Comparing and contrasting is a favorite task for teachers to assign. It helps the teacher know that the student really understands the concepts.

I just wrote about Gale Groups RSS in Informe and I've written about Ebsco's RSS feeds. Who else offers RSS as part of their product?

  • ProQuest offers alerts via e-mail but they haven't added RSS (yet).
  • LexisNexis lets you e-mail your search but it doesn't seem to provide alerts for new information added to the database. No RSS feeds.
  • LION offers a "What's New" in LION RSS feed. When I did a search I didn't see a place to create a feed for that particular search.

  • I have found RSS feeds to be very helpful. It puts all my searches in one place.


    These databases are available through GALILEO. The password to use GALILEO from home is available from your Georgia librarian.

    No comments: