Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping about

An odd day, it only appears on the calendar every four years. Where can I find the how and why we have this extra day?

A scroll through GALILEO turned up an Ebsco science database and Salem Science. I figured one of them might have information about the added day. Neither had the facts I was looking for on 'leap year'.

Encyclopedia Britannica did have an article with facts and suggested resources. It didn't 'feel' like there was enough information.

The best resource for 'leap year' facts has been Credo Reference with articles from an Astronomy reference, a literature reference, and several dictionaries. Credo Reference gave me just what I wanted to know.



-kss

CTC students may get the passwords to all CTC resources by logging into the Find Books My Account and selecting the Off Campus Access link.

I found these resources in GALILEO
I selected Databases A-Z
I selected the first letter of the resource to find it it in GALILEO

No comments: