Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Shoes full?

Were your shoes filled with treats this morning? Do you know who should have come by and filled them? I know who should have visited, which gives me a head start in my search.

But what if I wasn't sure what should be remembered on December 6th. A search for December 6 in Credo Reference turned up over 7000 entries. Credo makes it easy to narrow the search using the links on the left side. Select event, then select celebration. The first entry is for St. Nicholas's Day. The basic info on the day is there.

A search for Saint Nicholas, in quotes, gives me information about the man himself. Again, I do need to narrow my search using the column on the left. Selecting entry type, biography, and then religion, narrowed the search to one entry for Nicholas (? fourth century) from Who's Who in Christianity, Routledge

Resembling the game of telephone, the Bishop of Myra has morphed into our Santa Claus!

-kss

You may access Credo through GALILEO. Ask your CTC librarian for the login.

No comments: