Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A light shines

The Statue of Liberty is on my mind today. I searched in our catalog, by subject, for statue of liberty. Four titles are in our collection, two are electronic books.

The childrens book The Statue of Liberty by Gina Strazzabosco-Hayn is available through EBSCO. Click on the link in the catalog and you're at the EBSCO page. There's the cover image to the right but to open the book, you do not click on the cover. For me, that's a failing of the database. You need to look to the left and click on the link e-book full text.

I'm not sure children's books in this database are useful for the children. I can see how having Children's literature available 24/7 would be very helpful for our Early Childhood Education students. I need to tell them about this!

Ask your campus librarian for the userid and password to access the EBSCO e-book collection off campus.

-kss

No comments: