Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Through a glass darkly

In the morning a surgeon will be sucking away the cataract from my right eye and implanting a lens. I admit to being a tad nervous. In theory, my vision will be better. I may not even have to wear glasses again except for reading.

Going to GALILEO, I searched for cataracts. I selected Browse by Subject
...the Medicine and Health subject link
.....and selected Nursing and Allied Health

There are 5 databases with the option of selecting 5 more. I chose them all. I limited my search to full text and peer reviewed.

Voila - more information about cataracts, cataract surgery, anesthesia during cataract surgery and the use of bilberry to improve vision than one could hope for.

By Monday, I should be bright eyed and seeing clearer.

Get the password to use GALILEO at home from your Georgia librarian!

-kls

No comments: