Wednesday, January 21, 2009

From way up high

A bit of news posted in the Atlanta Journal Constitution on 14 Jan 2009. Google Earth and the Museo Nacional del Prado in Spain have joined to put art into Google Earth.

Open up Google Earth (you may need to install it on your computer but it didn't take me long to do that). When you search for Museo del Prado, click on the museum, 14 pictures appear, click on a picture and read about the painting. Fascinating!

I noticed in my glance at a Google Earth page, a mention of Shakespeare. When I went back after loading Google Earth, I couldn't find the entry. I was able to find the Google Earth Blog reference for Shakespeare. Many places mentioned by Shakespeare are noted on Google Earth. Click on a picture of Shakespeare and zoom in to see what the location looks like today.

Fascinating! It does remind me of my foray into Second Life - flying over the land- setting down to visit.

I've added the Google Earth Blog story to delicious and tagged it for ENG 193 and Humanities 191.


-kls

No comments: