Friday, May 09, 2008

Ahh - now I see clearly

The test made a hyperlink of the title - which took one to the wav file. Looking around the screen, I noticed a "download" link. I'll have to play with that and see how it works!

One of the first podcasts I downloaded was from OPAL, Online Programming for All Libraries. I listened to the Library Thing presentation.

I have a personal Library Thing. I've created a Library Thing Local for the NMTC library. I noticed that Georgia Highlands College has a Library Thing page.

I haven't yet played with Library Thing for the NMTC Library. Looking through the GHC Library Thing, I'm getting ideas on how this could be useful. Yet, my catalog (Surpass) is easy to edit. I think I could "tag" materials. Is that heresy in the cataloging world?

Something to ponder- tagging versus subject headings. Can formal cataloging coexist with informal tagging? All this thinking brought about by a Mothers Day gift!

No comments: