Monday, March 17, 2008

Worth the wait

Today is the day. A day for everyone to be Irish - well, that too.

Last week, GALILEO folks sent encouraging e-mails reminding users that today was "the day". I checked over the weekend to see if maybe another day was "the day" but it wasn't.

This morning, I fixed breakfast, checked my e-mails- delayed, waited, not wanting to be disappointed. When I finally accessed GALILEO I was thrilled to see the new opening page. I was not disappointed - and you won't be either!

What did I notice first? No tabs. Then I saw my name - well, not my name but the library name, on the right side. A link to the NMTC Library page, a link to the NMTC catalog, and a link to Ask-A-Librarian which looks like it will come to me personally (and yes, I wrote a query to test the system). Nice, very nice. The query box reminds me of the InterLibrary Loan forms - clear, complete, and logical.

I'll be spending the day exploring and creating instructional videos to help my patrons find and use the resources for their program.

Happy St. Patricks Day and do enjoy the new and improved GALILEO.

You can get the current password to use GALILEO at home from your Georgia librarian.

No comments: