Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Throw me something, mister!

A faculty member went to New Orleans last weekend and returned with beads galore. The colorful, shiny, plastic beads are the traditional "throw" from the floats to all those people in the street.

Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is the last fling before Lent. I used Credo (our new reference database) to look for information. Limiting my search to the Religion collection didn't pull up any references for Mardi Gras. I was a bit surprised. A search through all of Credo did provide the information I thought should have been pulled up the first time. Mardi Gras - French for Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday or the two week season just before Lent. A time to eat up the fats and sweets before fasting begins!

Credo works like GALILEO in sifting through multiple resources to provide you the information you requested.

Better than shiny beads are the resources at your fingertips through our library resources.

No comments: