Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Events impact literature

Literary Reference Center (a new to us Ebsco database) has a Literary-Historical Timeline (top of the box on the right side of the screen). Interesting to note what was going on in the "world" while authors were telling their stories.

The list of historic events is interspersed with the literary highlights. The literary items are linked to the database so you can quickly move from the history timeline to the literature.

When you need a timeline- this is one place to search!

(They have an RSS feed next to the publication titles...I just created an alert. From school I can open my feed reader and voila there is the article- no password needed- but I'm at school. I'll have to see how this works at home.)

Get the password to use GALILEO at home from your Georgia librarian.



No comments: